The Village Homes are duplex-style, two-bedroom homes set in beautifully landscaped neighborhoods. This community is designed for adults age 55 or better, who no longer care for the responsibilities of home maintenance. An active environment, a caring community, and supportive services allow an independent lifestyle. Floor plans include: two bedroom, one bath; two bedroom, one & half bath; and two bedroom, one & half bath with a den.
- A two-bedroom home furnished by the resident.
- Full kitchen with frost-free refrigerator, garbage disposal, dishwasher, stove, and quality cabinets and counters.
- Washer and dryer.
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning.
- Sound insulated construction.
- Attached garage.
- Lawn care, snow removal, grounds maintenance, and trash removal.
- Water and sanitation fees.
- All maintenance and repair for the home and appliances.
- Freedom from real estate taxes.
- Property insurance.
- Cultural, educational and recreational programming.
- Scheduled transportation.
- Management services.
- Use of common space.
- One meal per day.
- Emergency response system.
Other Services Available
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy Learn more about Rehabilitation
- Additional meals.
- Housekeeping, handyman, laundry services may be purchased.
- Cable service at reduced rate.
- Additional transportation services may be arranged.
Criteria for Residency in the Village Homes
- People who have no children living at home and are 55 years of age or older are encouraged to apply for residency at The Village Homes Duplexes at Thurston Woods Village.
- Be cognitively functional. Be able to find the dining room and their own homes without help from a Companion after the initial period of adjustment, have little difficulty with person/place/time orientation, and not have a tendency to wander outside or into other residents’ apartments.
- Be independently mobile (with or without mobility devices) and be able to transport themselves around campus without assistance. Must be able to exit the building independently in an emergency.
- Be able to dress themselves and care for their own personal hygiene needs. Receiving services from a home-health agency in addition to those provided by Thurston Woods Village does not make a resident ineligible for residency; however, increased care needs in areas other than hygiene or a combination of increased care needs may make a resident ineligible.
- Be able to safely and adequately manage any bladder or bowel incontinence and care of a colostomy, ileostomy, or catheter. Help from a home-health agency in caring for these devices are acceptable. A urinary odor in a unit is unacceptable and must be controlled.
- Be able to manage any medications with minor assistance from a nurse predispensing medications weekly and Companions providing reminders daily.
- A resident exhibiting behavior problems disturbing to other residents is inappropriate. If the behavior problem(s) can be controlled as a result of family, home health and mental-health intervention, the resident may be permitted to remain.
- If a resident becomes mentally or physically incapacitated and is unable to handle personal or financial affairs, Thurston Woods Village may petition a court or competent jurisdiction to appoint an independent conservator or guardian.
Choose a duplex floor plan and the financial option that suits your lifestyle, situation and personal preference. You can rent your home on a monthly basis or purchase a life interest and pay a small monthly service fee. Enjoy your maintenance-free, worry-free, tax and insurance free home and when you’re ready, take advantage of our buyback plan. You never have to worry about selling your home, realtors, realtor fees or special arrangements and you’re guaranteed of getting at least 70% of your investment back, no matter how long you stay in your home.
Cost Comparison Sheet