FT 3rd shift
Extra $2.35 per hour paid monthly
1. Follow established performance standards and implement facility policies and procedures on the unit assigned.
2. Interpret existing policies and procedures to CNAs, residents, families and physicians.
3. Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the unit on the assigned shift of duty.
4. Instruct CNAs in proper, preventive measures and use of adaptive equipment to meet the needs of each resident.
5. Provide job performance counsel and mentoring to supervised CNAs – recommending, when necessary and appropriate, disciplinary action to D.O.N.
6. Provide clinical supervision and daily instruction to CNAs regarding care relating to ADLs.
7. Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care provided and initiate corrective action as necessary.
8. Obtain report from nurse being relieved and record sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary in relation to the resident’s treatment needs.
9. Conduct resident rounds.
10. Report resident health care changes to DON- ADON-MDS (as appropriate), including development of pressure sores, and take follow up action.
11. Obtain physicians’ orders and any revisions for all treatments needed.
12. Start IVs and draw blood when necessary, if RN, and appropriate related functions, if LPN.
13. Document resident care provided and resident’s response, or lack of response, to treatment provided.
14. Assess resident needs and participate in development and maintenance of individualized resident care plans in compliance with care plans.
15. Participate in resident care conferences as requested.
16. Provide direct resident care.
17. Provide concise, accurate report to staff nurse coming on duty and take follow up action as necessary.
18. Supervise and evaluate the implementation of “Residents’ Bill of Rights”.
19. Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action.
20. Identify special nursing problems and emergency situations quickly and initiate immediate “life saving” measures in the absence of a physician, unless Advance Directives indicate otherwise.
21. Responsible for the safety of residents under his/her supervision.
22. Observe and assure infection control procedures.
23. Listen to resident, family, or physician complaints and, as appropriate, initiate corrective action and/or report special problems to the DON-ADON.
24. Control supplies and equipment.
25. Compile information for facility committees as instructed.
26. Assist in/complete the admission, transfer and discharge of residents as necessary/assigned with appropriate documentation.
27. Attend and participate in continuing educational/inservice/professional staff programs as required.
28. It is part of my job duties to ensure resident safety.