Assistant Director of Nursing
1. To ensure a smooth flow of operation on assigned unit.
2. To ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations while adhering to resident rights.
3. To maintain highest degree of care to residents, encompassing holistic needs.
4. To maintain professional atmosphere with staff, residents, and families.
1. Review and follow up on 24-hour report.
2. Review all accident/incident reports and ensure that preventative measures are appropriately documented and implemented.
3. Daily rounds – compliance with wound preventative measures.
4. Participate in QA monitors and follow-up.
5. Follow up on recommendations from dietary, pharmacy, medical records, care conference change sheets.
6. Monitor and order supplies within budget guidelines.
7. Monitor staff overtime.
8. Complete Nurse and CENA evaluations and disciplinary actions using input from supervising staff.
9. Monitor and evaluate pain management.
10. Attend and participate in meetings including:
– census and incident/accident
– wound care/weights
– Behavior management
– Monthly Nurse and CENA meetings
11. Medicare demand bills.
12. Drug destruction per facility protocol.
13. Physician rounds and timeliness.
14. Monitor to ensure that staff nurses are following up on holes left in documentation records.
15. I&Os, FARs, MARs, TX record, ADL flow sheet and monthly summaries.
16. Provide instruction and direction to unit staff as needed.
17. Promote positive leadership in an assertive and pro-active manner.
18. Assist in discharge planning and admissions.
19. Monitor for safety, infection control, cleanliness, and maintenance issues and follow up.
20. Assure “Resident Rights”.
21. Demonstrate good time management and follow through.
22. Monitor and maintain timeliness of labs.
23. Address and follow through with family concerns.
24. Participate with “on call” on a rotating basis.
25. All other duties as assigned.
26. It is part of my job duties to ensure resident safety.
27. Notify Thurston Woods Village, in writing, thirty days in advance of a separation of employment date.
1. Support the Corporate mission, purpose and philosophy.
2. Represent Thurston Woods Village in a positive and professional manner, adhering to all policies and procedures.
3. Deal tactfully with residents, visitors and fellow employees.
4. Adhere to residents’ rights according to State and Federal guidelines.
5. Be accurate, neat and complete (initials and date) in recording and reporting.
6. Complete work/assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Be self-motivated/working with minimum supervision, using good judgment/reasoning.
8. Be accepting of supervision/constructive criticism.
9. Maintain uniform/clothing in compliance with guidelines.
10. Use supplies and financial resources appropriately.
11. Other duties, projects and activities as may become necessary or as directed by the supervisor.