Assists in directing and maintaining the department’s responsibilities and functions within the scope of the facility’s mission, budget and in compliance with regulatory agencies.
1. Assures a high level of food service involvement in resident care planning.
2. Completes dietary staff schedules.
3. Inputs resident data
4. Attends care plan meetings if needed.
5. Assists with supervising meal service and employees.
6. Assists in finding replacement for staff call-ins.
7. Completes orientation as needed for all employees.
8. Conducts scheduled in-services, as needed.
9. Completes weekly inventory and orders.
10. Completes daily meal tickets, menu book and nourishment labels.
11. Maintains files.
12. Interviews residents/families as needed.
13. Assists with hiring and termination of employees, as needed.
14. It is part of my job duties to ensure resident safety.
15. Notify Thurston Woods Village, in writing, thirty days in advance of a
separation of employment date
1. Support the Corporate mission, purpose and philosophy.
2. Represent Thurston Woods Village in a positive and professional manner, adhering to all policies and procedures.
3. Deal tactfully with residents, visitors and fellow employees.
4. Adhere to residents’ rights according to State and Federal guidelines.
5. Be accurate, neat and complete (initials and date) in recording and reporting.
6. Complete work/assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Be self-motivated/working with minimum supervision, using good judgment/reasoning.
8. Be accepting of supervision/constructive criticism.
9. Maintain uniform/clothing in compliance with guidelines.
10. Use supplies and financial resources appropriately.
11. Other duties, projects and activities as may become necessary or as directed by the Director of Dietary Services.